There are two awards that are open to all members of District 64 that were initiated and are administered by individual clubs.
This award for mentoring recognizes individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to and an excellence in mentoring fellow Toastmasters. The award committee is comprised of the President of Allan's home club (Skyliners #831) and the 6 Division Directors. It is presented annually at the Spring Convention and is based on the following criteria:
- The individual's diligent work to provide and support the orientation of new members through the explanation of meeting roles and other fundamentals of the Toastmasters program.
- The individual's assistance and encouragement to new members in the development of their first few manual speeches.
- The individual's demonstrated efforts to encourage new members to serve on club committees, seek club officer positions during elections, or participate in other leadership activities within the club.
- The individual's support and inspiration of new members to participate in the many opportunities that exist beyond club borders within the Toastmasters organization.
- The individual's ongoing commitment to providing the support and encouragement to the activities, pursuits and challenges of his/her fellow Toastmasters that best symbolizes the work of Allan Shaw.
2016 - 2017 Robert Legary
2015 - 2016 Liz Jonasson
2014 - 2015 Irene Toews
2013 - 2014 Debb Solvason
2012 - 2013 Dallas Bagby
2011 - 2012 Hilda Vandenbyllaardt
2010 - 2011 Brian Stimpson
2009 - 2010 Sharon Golin
2008 - 2009 Beverly Wood
2007 - 2008 Eveline Beriault
2006 - 2007 Norma Spence
2005 - 2006 Thecla Athayde
2004 - 2005 Diane Boulay
2003 - 2004 Tannis Gordon
2002 - 2003 Bev Doern
2001 - 2002 Don Eppler
2000 - 2001 Richard McCallum
1999 - 2000 Rudi Peters
1998 - 1999 Elaine Stewart
1997 - 1998 Jules Legal
The Les Staats Award for Dedication to Toastmasters is an award instigated in 2009 by the Winnipeg Toastmasters Club in recognition of the excellent example of Toastmasters skills in action. The Les Staats Award will be presented to any member of the Toastmasters Organization who exhibits the following attributes:
- Has shown a long-term commitment to Toastmasters by attending meetings regularly and fulfilling various club roles as assigned.
- Shows a desire to complete communication manuals, by preparing speeches to move forward with educational goals.
- Shows an enthusiasm about speaking, and a commitment to personal growth. Presents at meetings with professionalism and respect.
- Is dedicated to the club. Shows commitment by remaining a member.
- Offers guidance to new members.
- Understands the importance of training events and District events and attends these functions.
- Shows guests and newcomers an attitude of hospitality.
- Willing to take risks and stretch him/herself to a new level.
- Demonstrates the impact of Toastmasters on his/her life, outside of the club.
- Embodies the core values of Toastmasters: integrity, dedication to excellence, service to the member and respect for the individual.
2014 - 2015 Nancy Kleiman
2013 - 2014 Sharon Golin
2012 - 2013 Mary McKee
2011 - 2012 John Hindle
2010 - 2011 Emma Frost
2009 - 2010 Alfed Kerperin
2008 - 2009 John Melnick